?

Log in

New here - The Best At What We Do

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

January 24th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
fatally__yoursx
03:28 pm - New here

Name: Jacky
Explanation of your username: Just ONE of my favorite Alkaline Trio songs of all time
Describe yourself in five words: I'm a pretty cool kid
Where do you live?: Albany, NY
Why do you want to join this community?: It sounds like a good time and it definitely seems different than all those other rating places.
Five favorite books: Alice In Wonderland, The Dollhouse Murders, Anything Nancy Drew, The Bobbsey Twins and Ophelia Speaks
Five favorite movies: Ewoks:Battle For Endor, Original Star Wars Trilogy, Alice In Wonderland, Donnie Darko and Dog Soldiers
Five favorite songs: Fatally Yours by Alkaline Trio, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Creep by Radiohead, Cellophane Girl by Graham Colton and Traveling Soldier by The Dixie Chicks
Favorite quote: "Don't blow me off, God! I never asked you for anything before and I never wanted to come to you like this, but don't take Turner away from me; he's not yelling at me yet. God, you're not talking but I know you're here, so I'm gonna talk, and you can listen. God, I don't want to be empty inside anymore"- Shawn Hunter (Boy Meets World)
Who is your hero?: I don't really have a distinct "hero", but I do really admire my aunt Kristine
If you had three wishes, what would they be?: All the suffering of my friends and family would end, To see all my friends from Pathfinder again and All the CDs that I could ever want
What is your theme song?: Fighter by Christina Aguilera, I suppose
If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do?: I would tell all my friends, enemies and family what I thought about them. I would probably do everything that I've always wanted to do.
What does DNA stand for? (if you don’t know, just say so. If you cheat, you don’t belong here.): I know I'm going to spell this wrong, but I'll give it my best shot :Deoxyribonucleic Acid
I’m thinking of a number between one and ten: Really well I'm thinking of number 8
If you could change your appearance, would you? Given that choice I probably would

What are your views on:
Abortion: I don't really like talking about abortion, because it always turns into a huge argument. However, I am pro-choice. I believe that if a woman gets pregnant and feels that she cannot financially, emotionally or physically handle that baby, then she should be allowed to get an abortion. Of course, there is always adoption, but that woman still had to carry that child for 9 months just to give it up to a set of strangers. I think there should be limits on how many abortions a woman can get and I disagree with getting an abortion after a certain point in the pregnancy.
Homosexuality: I’m perfectly fine with it. It’s not like that person had a choice, I’m a firm believer in the fact that your sexual orientation is determined when you are still in the womb. I can’t stand those people that say, “God hates queers”. What they don’t understand is that they believe God creates people and if people are born gay or straight that means that God made them that way. Therefore, the people are saying that God hates his own creations, which just isn’t possible.
The war in Iraq: I support the troops and I understand that we need to support them if we want them to come home alive. Still, I don’t support the decision to go to war in the first place. From what I can see we went over there was because President Bush believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. As far as I know, we never found any of those weapons and now we’re just going to stay over there until things are “fixed.” What I don’t like is who’s to say what needs to be fixed and what does not. I certainly don’t think that the United States has that power, no matter how much we think we do.
Gay rights: Doesn’t it say “all men are created equal”. If we can broaden this term to include women too, that means it incorporates anyone, of any sex. I think that when our government denies rights of the gay Americans, they are being hypocritical. You can’t say “all men are created equal” and then turn around and deny a whole group of people their rights.
“Titanic”: My views on the movie: I thought it was kind of long and I’m sure it wasn’t completely historically correct. I did love the romance between Rose and Jack, it was just really beautiful. I wouldn’t have paid nine dollars to see it in the theaters, but I would watch it again if my grandmother loaned me her video. My views on the tragedy: I think it could have been prevented, simple as that. If there were adequate life boats and life vests and the people running the ship had been paying attention, it wouldn’t have been half as bad as it was.

Current Mood: hyperhyper
Current Music: some show on TLC

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:zephyr19
Date:January 25th, 2004 03:16 am (UTC)

First Person!

(Link)
Well thought-out answers, "Bohemian Rhapsody", a correct answer for the DNA question...
How could I not say yes? Welcome to the club!
From:fatally__yoursx
Date:January 25th, 2004 03:51 am (UTC)

Re: First Person!

(Link)
I have a weird obsession with Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm actually learning how to play it on the piano. I feel special being the first person =]

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com